Regular Dental Visits Make Economic Sense
HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT THE ECONOMIC IMPLICATIONS of regular dental checkups? Some people think of routine exams and cleanings as an expense. But, in reality, studies show that this type of preventive care saves money over time. Catching things early helps you avoid far more serious (and expensive) treatment in the future.
We all know the value of regular, simple oil changes for our vehicles, right? This tiny expense can help our vehicle run smoothly for years longer than it would otherwise—and help us avoid major, costly repairs.
Dr. Saleh can make it possible for you to keep your teeth for life—a huge benefit that generations past didn’t enjoy. Our grandparents assumed they would end up with false teeth in their sixties or seventies. But today, the key to keeping your teeth for life is regular maintenance. It takes a tiny bit of preventive care.
A Typical Six-month Check-up To Our Office Includes:
- Checking for Gum Disease – Gum disease is the #1 reason people lose teeth. Many dentists call this the “quiet destroyer” because it progresses slowly, causing inflammation and regression in your jawbone that supports your teeth. Without checkups, by the time you notice something wrong it may be too late.
- Looking for Tooth Decay – The more dental restoration that’s been done in the past on a specific tooth, the more attention it will need over time. Old fillings and root canal treatments need more frequent examination and x-rays than untouched teeth. Even great fillings need checking. The tiniest of places can collect bacteria that leads to decay.
- Examining Your Bite – Your bite should be checked to be sure that teeth are in harmony with each other. An unbalanced bite can not only damage your teeth, but also wear on your joints and cause arthritic problems.
- Your Breath – Yes, we know. It’s not a subject we like to talk about. Problem is, many people are unaware they have bad breath. And plaque (not what you eat) is the most common cause of this condition. Our team can help with suggestions on how to help.
- Changes in Soft Tissue – Checking for signs of oral cancer is a huge part of your routine checkup. Did you know, according to the oral cancer foundation, that the death rate for oral cancer is higher than that of cancers which we routinely hear about? The death rate associated with this cancer is particularly high not because it is hard to discover or diagnose, but due to the cancer being routinely discovered so late in its development. Don’t take the risk… Especially when Dr. Saleh’s trained eye can so easily help through early detection.
Six-Monthly Checkups Can Help Save You Time, Money, Discomfort, Hassle (and teeth). Period.
Don’t wait until something hurts to think about your teeth. Visit with Dr. Saleh and her capable team. Your mom was right—an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Spending a little time with us not only makes sense for your health and appearance, but also for your bank account.
We look forward to your next visit. Call us at 714-546-5579 or visit us on Facebook!